Inspired by Ephemera

Sorry for the lack of posting this week, someone in town had decided to piss off mother nature and her vengeance on Knoxville caused massive power and internet outages all week. Definitely made me realize my reliance on modern technology when I had some major withdrawals from it.

So once the power and internet came back on, I started doing some research for a logo I'm working on. I've been looking into vintage ephemera. What is ephemera? Well wikipedia describes it as " transitory written and printed matter not intended to be retained or preserved. The word derives from the Greek, meaning things lasting no more than a day. Some collectible ephemera are advertising trade cards, airsickness bags, bookmarks, catalogues, greeting cards, letters, pamphlets, postcards, posters, prospectuses, stock certificates, tickets and zines."

I describe it as beautiful vintage frames, inspirations and typography!

Here's a few of my favorites:








{ designers take note, all images found from Sheaff: ephemera }

0 comments:

Post a Comment