going to OKC!

So this weekend B and I will be taking a journey to a new state/city in which neither of us have been to. Oklahoma City, OK is where we are headed this afternoon (by way of Nashville). Would it be wrong if I get off the plane and start busting out "OOOOOOOOOkkkkklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...."....I loved that movie when I was little. I wonder if they still have Surrey's with fringe on top....If you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, you must have had a lack luster childhood without musicals...

Anyways we're off to a wedding of one of our favorite Memphis friends, Brad, who is marrying a great girl, Amanda. B is actually in the wedding, so I'll be the stress free one this trip! Not only is our friend Brad getting married this weekend, BUT we'll get to see a lot of our high school friends. So I'm excited.

I think I'm want to go and see the OKC bombing memorial. If its close to the downtown hotel we're staying at I'm going to attempt to hike it over there on Saturday. I've heard about it. There are like 200 empty chairs in a field and a reflection pond and a tree that took the blast but is still standing...yes, I researched it...what else am I supposed to do in Oklahoma City besides watch out for tornados! Luckily so far the forecast says no chance of rain or bad weather. Just hotness.

I'll post pics when I return....hope you have a good weekend!
-E

0 comments:

Post a Comment