Biscuit-festing!

Just had to take the time for a little post about my awesome amazing scruffy little town. I don't know if you knew this, but Knoxville is home to the International Biscuit Festival. Yep, a whole festival devoted to my favorite food group. We've missed it the past 2 years, but this year it was written in the calendar in ink as soon as I found out the dates! And boy oh boy, it didn't disappoint. Downtown was packed, biscuits were flying off the tables and blue grass was in the air. $5 got you 5 samples of over 20 local and not local restaurants. The husband's favorite was a honey mustard and sausage concoction from restaurant in Nashville. I didn't really have a favorite, they all were delicious!  Sadly, we didn't try the people's choice winner - a cinnamon toast crunch biscuit. It was a great way to spend a Saturday morning and can't wait to do it again next year!


0 comments:

Post a Comment