the making of a Christmas Card...

So this year I wanted to do something different than just send out a Christmas card...this year I wanted to add a little treat. I found this link, sometime this summer about how to make hot cocoa and such for wedding favors...I decided I wanted to send all my friends some cocoa for Christmas! Now that we're in east Tennessee where we have already gotten snow and below freezing temps, it feels right to send out some warming Christmas treats...AND the best part, it was homemade, so of course B and I did a lot of taste testing before we sent out our final batch!
Here's how it came out:

I got all my ingredients at my favorite healthy grocery store Earthfare, and I think all the organic ingredients make the cocoa taste so much better! B would probably argue with that since he's still not on the organic train like I am.
I used some green and white baker's twine from Divine Twine and labels from Swoozie's. I already had bags from a long time ago, so I measured out each bag, attached the twine and label and...


Voila! Little packets of Haines' homemade Cocoa! Marshmallows included! yum!

The next step was the tricky (and expensive part) I ordered small A2 mailer boxes from Paper Source back in October, added the cocoa packets and our Christmas cards, then attached a long label that wrapped around, in order to keep the box shut (sorry post office, no cocoa for you!). Slapped 4 stamps on each and sent them on their merry way! Lets hope they make it to everyone!
And here's our Christmas card!

So I'm out for the holidays. B's family has been here since Friday. They're staying in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area, which is about 40 mins from us. And let me tell you, I will definitely be back there for 2 reasons:
1. the mountains! I really didn't realize that the mountains were so close to us...I guess I knew they were there when we went to the lake near that area this summer, but when we were driving to their place last night the mountains were snow capped and sooo big! I felt like I was looking at the Grand Tetons or something! I cant wait to start hiking (when it gets warmer) and water fall searching this summer!
2. the outlets. Um, why did it take me almost a year to discover these outlets, fully equipped with a Banana, Jcrew, Coach + Gap! Cant wait to find an excuse to go back!

B and I are travelling back to Memphis Christmas Eve day. We're going to spend the Eve with my parents eating dinner + opening gifts (b/c that's our Christmas tradition at my house), then Christmas day we're going to go see Sherlock Holmes and maybe another movie to fill the day.
Then we'll be back home for good on Sunday (like we're not moving, leaving or budging from Knoxville for at least 2 months kind of good).

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
-e.n.h.

1 comments:

Caslon said...

So I wanted to tell you how much we LOVED your card and gift! We are huge hot chocolate fans and we thought yours was really good and such a nice gift. Fantastic design and boxes too! We were both really impressed!
Thanks so much!

Post a Comment