Catch Up

Isn't life great? One second you think you got it all figured out and then the next, God giggles and throws you for a loop! So since my last post I have had a mixture of emotions regarding a HUGE factor in my life....Huge factor that is financially and emotionally tied to me.

Without being too obvious, I know that I mentioned earlier that a certain someone left my work life to go on her own venture. I in no way meant to sound upset with her. I think jealousy is the word. I hope she does amazing things (b/c I know she has and will) with her own business. I was just overwhelmed by the thought of her guidence, support + friendship going along with her...so that took me to last week. Last week I thought it all out and prayed, and prayed...our poor Sunday school class barely knows us, and I feel like all I ever do is complain! And then I saw this message on a blog I read:

"…for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances" Philippians 4:11b (NIV)

Paul learned that the fruit of contentment is developed when we are thankful for what God has provided whether we like it or not. That's because peace isn't the absence of pressure. It's the presence of God and our attitude toward His provision in the midst of our stress. By expressing gratitude, Paul experienced richness of being, not having.

I realize you may be in a hard place right now and you're longing for freedom. Maybe you're in a job that feels like a dead end; perhaps you have two of them! It may be that you live in a space too small for your family and you hate it. You're not where you planned or hoped to be and you certainly don't like it.The truth is, we don't have to like where we are or what we have, but if we will choose to thank God for His provisions regardless of our feelings toward them, we'll experience the same contentment Paul encountered.

We must understand that being thankful doesn't mean that God will eventually remove us from our situation. He may; He may not. Rather, being appreciative sets us free from the desire to have and lets us rest in the riches of contentment. And when we reach a place of contentment, we don't need earthly riches galore. God becomes our greatest treasure. In Him, we have everything we need.

So I took that as a sign to be thankful for the situation I am in because for whatever reason, God wants me to be here. And to be thankful, but pray for God's guidence and support...to be thankful for what I have learned and gained at this point in life.

BUT, would it be wrong if another opportunity presents itself, to take it?? :)

Some other musings:
- Sweetheats has changed their recipe for the Conversation Hearts for Valentine's Day...and I am pissed. Why don't you go ahead and declare it "Gross Candy Flavors, that only look like the delicious candy hearts you used to enjoy" Day. Seriously, couldn't they have slowly changed one flavor at a time? Why take away the only thing I really liked to eat at Valentine's Day?

-Got my hair cut today...trying for a Mandy Moore look, with bangs. I already am annoyed by them!

-My mom was in the hospital last week b/c they thought she could have a stroke. She did have 3 TIA's, but everything else looked ok and she's at home now vegging it up in her pjs (hopefully!). My favorite part of talking to her on the phone last week, was when she claimed the nurses spiked her water with bourbon and honey. I say, whatever works!

-B went to a gun class last Saturday, he's getting a gun and needed to take a class to get certified or whatever. Our friend Joe, who I lovingly refer to as our "personal gun dealer" is hooking him up with something. Not that we need anything, but B wants something for protection...Over Christmas Eve B took a nap in his parents home while I went to get groceried before the stores closed. When I came home I had more than one load. I was trying to be quiet and gently set my groceries down on the counter. On my second trip I come in the door to find B in his boxers holding a bowflex weight handle bar over his head. I didn't think of it until later, when I said "did you think I was breaking in?" And sure enough, that was his defense. Too bad he looked like he was sleep walking! Looks like a gun, might be a little more threatening.

-B and I went to a concert on Friday night. We instantly realized 2 things:
1) We are old; it was a small concert hall and we had standing room only. Only into 2 songs we were both giving dirty looks to the people who were smart and got their early to get actual tables/seats.
2) We are old; the concert lasted til midnight, and you'd have thought we had never stayed up that late in our lives! We were so tired!!!

1 comments:

Tamiko Murman, Designer said...

Erin, your reminders of Truth lift my spirit. It is comforting to work with a sister in Christ. Thank you for encouraging me to be content, regardless of our circumstances. I am thankful for you, and thankful God has us in this together!

Post a Comment